How does an Eagles fan interpret a Manhattan? By using a Pennsylvania rye, for starters. Created by chef Darryl Harmon, formerly of Beat Street in Jersey City, this cocktail crosses the lines of division rivalry.
- 2 oz. Dad’s Hat straight rye (or other rye whiskey)
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier
- ½ oz. Dolin sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 tsp. Luxardo maraschino cherry juice
- maraschino cherry for garnish
Combine all ingredients except cherry juice in a pint glass, add ice, and stir. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a cherry and Luxardo cherry juice.