Even scotch skeptics will want seconds of this strong, spicy Charming Man, says creator Aaron Blakely, head bartender at Yves in New York City.
- 1½ oz. Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt or other blended malt scotch
- ¾ oz. cinnamon syrup (recipe below)
- ¼ oz. St. Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 3 oz. Aval Cider or other dry cider
- Garnish: freshly grated cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice and shake. Strain over fresh ice in a Collins glass. Top with cider and garnish with cinnamon.
How to make Cinnamon Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Bring water to a boil. Add sugar and dissolve. Remove from heat and add cinnamon sticks. Let steep overnight, then strain into a container with a lid. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.