This cocktail was created by Adam Henry, manager of Hidden Harbor in Pittsburgh. Henry combines Hawaiian coffee, Caribbean spice, and rye whiskey for Hidden Harbor’s tiki-fied Old-Fashioned.
- 2 oz. Rittenhouse bottled in bond rye (or other bonded rye whiskey)
- ¼-⅜ oz. Adam’s Spices #1 (recipe below)
- 2-3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange twist and Ceylon cinnamon stick singed with a butane torch for garnish
Stir all ingredients over large ice rock in a double Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with orange twist and torched Ceylon cinnamon stick.
How to Make Adam’s Spices #1
- ½ cup brewed Kona or other robust coffee
- ½ cup demerara sugar
- 4 tsp. whole allspice
- ¾ cup Tempus Fugit (or other crème de cacao)
Combine coffee, sugar, and allspice in a pot and cook on medium-low for 20 minutes. Strain into an airtight glass container. Add crème de cacao and mix to incorporate. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 months.