Despite the name, it’s not treasonous to use single malt in a cocktail. Brock Schulte of The Rieger in Kansas City shows how to do it right.
- 1½ oz. Knappogue Castle 12 year old
- ¾ oz. Pimm’s No.1 liqueur
- ½ oz. oz Earl Grey tea syrup (see below)
- 1 bar spoon Green Chartreuse
- ½ eyedropper Bittermens Hopped Grapefruit bitters
- Garnish: Edible flower
Stir all ingredients with ice to dilute, strain, and serve neat in a Nick and Nora glass. Garnish with an edible flower.
To make Earl Grey tea Syrup: Double steep loose earl grey tea and combine with an equal amount of castor sugar.