A time to give thanks

November 25th, 2008

We celebrate Thanksgiving here in the United States this Thursday. I have a lot to be thankful for, and one of those things is you.

Thank you for being part of my network of whisky friends. Drinking good whisky is one thing. Being able to share whisky–and our experiences with whisky–just makes it all that more special.

Regardless of whether you just read this blog, or if you are “all in” and subscribe to Malt Advocate, come to WhiskyFest, attend my whisky tastings, etc., none of these things would be possible if it weren’t for you. For this I am very grateful.

12 Responses to “A time to give thanks”

1. Greg Gilbert says:

Thank you John. We appreciate your insight, input and willingness to trade comments from the masses. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2. Sam S. says:

Thanks John. Same to you.
    I, too, have a lot to be thankful for.
    And many things, I’m sure, that I don’t even recognize on the surface.

3. Jon W. says:

I’ll echo Greg and say thank you John for all you do for us. I don’t know if you’re an ambassador of the whisky industry to the enthusiasts, or an ambassador of the enthusiasts to the whisky industry (or maybe both!) but either way you do a fantastic job! I’ve never been to one of your WhiskyFests (hopefully NY next year), but everything else I’ve seen with the Malt Advocate name on it has always been top notch and highly educational.

I’m really looking forward to the tasting on Dec. 2! Any chance of getting a preview of what you have in store for us?

Thanks guys, for the kind words.

Jon W., I am hoping that I am both. And you’ll have to find an excuse to get to WhiskyFest next year. Regarding my Monk’s tasting in Philly one week from tonight, I’m still fine tuning the whisky list. It will be fun though, that I can promise.

5. Hello John,
    And thank you too, I’m very grateful for your frequent postings and updates and insight, and the way you present them, always down to earth and fun to read. The way you remind us to give thanks also, by opening a special bottle, helping us appreciate the good whisky we enjoy even more.
    I feel lucky to have fallen in love with whisky and be fortunate enough to enjoy it whenever I please. Now, what to open on Thursday? Best whisky wishes to you John!

6. Ron Pease says:

John- I am thankful for scotch whisky and the Malt Advocate. I am a member of the MA Whisky Society and attended several Whiskyfests. I appreciate what you have done for single malt scotch. I got interested in malt whisky in 1989 and have been promoting it every since, giving tastings and lectures. I have been to Scotland many times and will continue to visit often. I salute you for all that you do and hope that you have a very special Thanksgiving with whatever whisky you choose. I hope you make it a special single malt scotch whisky since the scots were instrumental in bringing malt whisky to America. I enjoyed meeting you in San Francisco and hope to meet you again. Happy Thanksgiving.

7. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn about Scotch and to share that knowledge and the friendships that have been fostered in this process. You and your blog are one of my best sources of information and thus one of the things I am most thankful for. All the best to you and your family this Thanksgiving.

8. JC Skinner says:

Not at all, John. It’s we should be thanking you, for going far beyond the call of duty by keeping us up to date with the latest whisk(e)y developments.

9. jazz lover says:

John Happy Thanksgiving
    Have a safe holiday and include
    some good jazz this holiday.

10. B.J. Reed says:

John

You can always be Thankful that it was not a 750 ml bottle of White Bowmore you dropped :)

Have a great Turkey Day!

BJ, yes, that would have been a real bummer if it were a FULL bottle.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. I have a lot of great stuff in the pipeline so stay tuned.

12. lawschooldrunk says: