Pernod selling Wild Turkey to Campari

April 7th, 2009

We knew Wild Turkey was up for sale. Sources inside Pernod confirmed it to me off the record, and Chuck Cowdery also blogged about it.

I’m on vacation so I will keep this brief. The Wall Street Journal has published that Pernod is selling Wild Turkey to Gruppo Campari, the makers of Skyy vodka.

8 Responses to “Pernod selling Wild Turkey to Campari”

1. SageLikeFool says:

I believe it is actually Campari, not Compari. I quick google search seems to support this.

Love the Blog by the way.

That’s what I get for blogging after a half bottle of wine (and a beer too!). I corrected it. Thanks.

3. […] the original: Pernod selling Wild Turkey to Compari? » What Does John Know? Share and […]

4. Todd says:

Dear Gruppo Campari, congratulations and please take good care of your new acquisition, one of the greatest distilleries in the world. Can we have some single cask strength bottles please?

Todd

5. Iain says:

Campari have been excellent custodians of Glen Grant (which was seriously neglected by Pernod Ricard), and have been restoring it to its former glory under the enthusiastic direction of local man Dennis Malcolm. Which bodes well for the future of Wild Turkey, I hope.

Iain, we wouldn’t know much about the improvements to Glen Grant over here in the U.S., given that the whisky still is not being imported here. Maybe later this year? Thanks for the update.

6. Kevin says:

John – looks like we called it back in December (http://blog.maltadvocate.com/2008/12/14/pernod-selling-wild-turkey/#comments). Should be interesting to see if Campari tries to change things up at all…