Two years and counting…

June 19th, 2009

I just noticed that WDJK is two years old this month. (It took me one year just to figure out what I was doing!)

The biggest component of WDJK is you. Thank you for taking the time to tune in. Most of all, many thanks to all of you who participate. You are this blog’s biggest asset!

When I post something up on WDJK, I like to imagine that we’re all sitting around in the same room together, sharing a dram or two, along with some interesting conversation. That’s the tone I try to set. We might be from all over the world, but we are united with the same passion.

For the thousands of you who lurk each day but don’t say anything, please don’t be shy. Join in. There are no wrong answers here.

And, of course, if you can think of a way I can make this blog better, here’s your chance to let me know. Post up your thoughts and I’ll do my best to accommodate you.

11 Responses to “Two years and counting…”

1. butephoto says:

I’ll raise a glass to that!

2. Tim F says:

Congratulations John. This blog has really become an essential read – long may it continue.

3. B.J. Reed says:

WDJT has been a great addition to my knowledge and understanding of whisky and I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts, opinions and comments about something they truly love!

4. Congratulations, John! This is one of the few blogs I read every day!

Mark

Thanks guys. It means a lot coming from four people in the whisky industry who I respect and whose efforts I appreciate very much.

6. Sam S. says:

Congrats!
    Stay healthy, and continue to do the great work that you do.
    I’m a single-malt novice (less than 3 years) and have learned a great deal from you John, as well as all the other enthusiasts who stop by.
    I wish you continued success.

Sam, we certainly have a lot of great enthusiasts contributing, that’s for sure.

8. Louis says:

Hi John,

Wow, time sure flies. I check at least one a day for my non-liquid whisk(e)y fix. It’s nice to see that the dialog has remained civilized, as well.

Slainte.

Louis

9. Jon W says:

Congrats on another great year! For my money, this is one of the best blogs out there. One of the few (actually maybe the only one) that has managed to keep my interest for 2 years. I love the diversity of topics and I think opening up the comments was a great move. Keep it up!

How about another tasting at Monks to celebrate?

10. Happy Birthday, WDJK. The older you get the more I learn.

Congrats and thanks.

11. gilberto says:

congratulations john and thankyou for your hard work. i am new to single malts but am familiar with other spirit.i explore other websites to learn as much as possible and be more knowledge. hope to see you doin this for lots and lots of years.