Last call for Bruichladdich Whisky Academy

July 10th, 2009

When I was checking out blog sites to link to WDJK, I noticed this posting a week or two ago on the Bruichladdich Blog.

It’s sad to see it go, but it’s great that it was around for as long as it was. A dream come true for Jim McEwan.

You still have time to attend. The last session will be be in October.

Well done, Jim!

Did you receive this copy of the Whisky Advocate Blog from a friend? Sign up today and we'll send the next edition directly to you.

Are you a Whisky Advocate? Become a subscriber to the magazine that loves whisky as much as you do. Take advantage of this special offer. A Free issue and a Free gift!

6 Responses to “Last call for Bruichladdich Whisky Academy”

1. B.J. Reed says:

I also noticed that he mentioned that Islay is going to need a new distillery manager – So, whose left or leaving?

I saw that too, BJ. Looks like he was being intentionally vague. Still, I wonder which distillery he was referring to?

3. bgulien says:

I heard somewhere (so just a rumor) that it is Bowmore.
    Apparently Eddie McAffer is long term sick and no hope of coming back to work.
    Again, it’s unsubstantiated, but heard from a independent bottler employee.

4. Monique at the Dell says:

I hate to hear that. Eddie is so well-respected in the industry and very talented. Honored to have had a great tour with him a couple of years back, and we are looking forward to seeing him again!

5. Armin says:

It’s a guess, but I think the post about the distillery needing a new distillery manager was actually referring to Bruichladdich itself and was a joke. Read it together with the next entry in the sequence about Duncan and his wee misadventure.

Armin, excellent point! Would also hate to see Eddie go too, though.

© Copyright 2015. Whisky Advocate. All rights reserved.