Unique WhiskyFest SF whisky #6: Bruichladdich

August 4th, 2009

This is just in, all the way from Islay. It’s our sixth and final unique whisky which you can sample at WhiskyFest San Francisco for a donation to charity. Details on the previous five are here.

From Jim McEwan, Production Director at Bruichladdich:

Good afternoon John , the title of my whisky will be “Working on a Dream” it will be a vatting of 46years of Bruichladdich as that is the time I have been in the business, the description will be ” A single malt made by humble men on the west coast of Islay whereby you can feel and taste their personality, honesty and passion in every sip you take. Completely natural as all Single Malts should be.

So there you have it, six unique bottles from six different distilleries. Maybe the six rarest whiskies in the world. And with a story associated with each of them. And you can only find them at one place: WhiskyFest San Francisco on October 16th.

7 Responses to “Unique WhiskyFest SF whisky #6: Bruichladdich”

1. John M says:

Sounds great. Jim McEwan is a character, but “humble”! Humility is not part of his charm.

I’d love to have a taste of all these. Every one sounds good.

John

2. John M says:

I mean that in the best possible way, of course…

John

3. NW says:

I wish a publisher would collect McEwan’s Bottle Notes (even just since he has been doing Bruichladdich and Murray-McDavid.) He is as valuable as a bard as he is a whisky man.

4. John M says:

He is great value, and knows a thing or two about whisky. An entertainer and a craftsman.

Yeah John, I’m not sure what you meant by your first post, but I think it came across the wrong way. But I think you corrected it in your future posts.

I’m looking forward to this special bottling from Bruichladdich, put together by one of the true legends in the business.

6. John M says:

Yes, sorry about that. When I read it, it sounded like I was insulting the man – I actually meant it as a compliment, strangely… I have the upmost respect for him, not that I know him.

What I meant was he’s a character and is lively and full of confidence. Not the reserved sort and not afraid to speak his mind – his pictures are on the bottles. Not short of what we’d call “the Blarney”.

John

7. […] These two rare Highland Park whiskies will accompany six other rare whiskies at the charity table, which I discussed earlier here. […]