WhiskyFest San Francisco: the day afterOctober 17th, 2009
A great time last night at WhiskyFest. There were many whiskies: new ones, special ones, “work in progress” samples. Some of the ones I stumbled onto included:
1) A new Wild Turkey 14 year old 101 proof limited edition
2) Next year’s “work in progress” release of Springbank 18 yr. old (in sherry casks)
3) A “work in progress” Ardmore “Triple Wood”, aged in bourbon casks, quarter casks, and PX sherry casks.
4) Six unique whiskies at our charity table (picture at bottom), including the Dalmore 1951 in the globe decanter (picture at top), including Willie Tait’s Jura special bottle of Fortunach (see left).
5) John Glaser with the new Compass Box Spice Tree (left).
6) An incredible new Sheep Dip: a 1990 vatting of a 19 year old Dalmore, 21 year old Fettercairn, and a 25 year old Ardbeg that has been maturing in bourbon barrels as a finished whisky for the past 15 years. (Picture below with brand owner Alex Nicol.)
But there were many more too, that I wasn’t keeping track of. For those of you who were at the event, feel free to comment on interesting whiskies you tasted.
You never know what’s going to show up at a WhiskyFest!