Celebrate Parker Beam’s 50 years in the bourbon business

October 21st, 2009

Parker BeamParker Beam, Master Distiller at Heaven Hill Distilleries, is celebrating 50 years of working in the bourbon industry.

Heaven Hill has already released a whiskey in his honor. It’s Parker’s Heritage Collection “Golden Anniversary,” and it’s a fantastic bourbon. You can check out my review here.

This Friday Heaven Hill is having a Golden Anniversary party for Parker down in Kentucky, and I’ve been invited. The man is a living legend in the bourbon industry, responsible for many great whiskeys (Evan Williams, Rittenhouse rye, Elijah Craig, Old Fitzgerald, etc.). On top of that, he’s a really nice guy and good friend.

Maybe you can’t be there, but you CAN wish him well. Add a comment below, and I’ll see that he gets it on Friday night. If you have ever enjoyed any of his whiskeys, please take a moment and share your thoughts.

(I’ll need your comments by 9 AM, Friday morning, Eastern Time.)

12 Responses to “Celebrate Parker Beam’s 50 years in the bourbon business”

1. I was lucky enough to sample the Golden Anniversary at Whisky Live in Paris with the Heaven Hill Rep Henry.

The whole range of the Heaven Hill range is fantastic particularly the Rittenhouse and the Evan Williams ranges.

Congratulations and I look forward to the 60th Anniversary Bottling :o)

2. David says:

Some of my favourite Irish whiskeys are matured in ex-Heaven Hill casks. So thank you for the nicely seasoned oak too!

3. Scott says:

Parker,

Congratulations on 50 years. That amount of time in any industry is amazing and to be in bourbon that long must have been the most pleasurable 50 anyone has ever had. I am new to the bourbon scene but think that the Evan Williams Black label is the best value of any bourbon I have tried. On top of that Elijiah Craig is in my top 5 bourbons for regular drinking.

Here is to the future bourbons you produce, may we all be lucky to have a 10 year run as good as your 50.

Scott

4. Tanguy says:

Congratulation Parker, we really appreciate your contribution to the Bourbon Industry. Can’t wait to see the next ten years of your fruitful distilling.
    Tnaguy from Michigan

5. Happy 50th anniversary, Parker. Here’s to your very good health and a look forward to the Diamond Jubilee.

6. murphy says:

Thanks Parker. We’ve never met but we sure have shared many a good drink.

7. Mr Manhattan says:

Happy 50th Anniversary. Thanks for all the great spirits!

8. Brian Granvall says:

Congratulations Parker…we just met yesterday at the Heritage Center during an interview…thanks for the personal tasting of the Anniversary Blend and the 27yr…also thanks for capturing the moment with the picture! Cheers to many more years of a fine bourbon!

Brian

9. Joe M says:

Congratulations Parker! My buddy Lee and I look forward to seeing you every year at WhiskyFest in New York. Can’t wait to have a drink with you in a few weeks.

10. Andrew M. says:

Parker – Congrats! While you oversee many great bourbons, the heritage collection with your name on it is in a different league! Can’t wait to try the “Golden Anniversay”!

11. Todd says:

Parker, thank you for your great contributions to bourbon and rye. Wishing you a well deserved celebration.

Todd

12. JD says:

I’m posting a little late, and have nothing much to add to the thoughts posted above, other than to repeat the best wishes and congratulations on such a long and distinctive career. The Evan Williams and Rittenhouse lines are marvelous. I can’t wait to see what’s coming in the future!

–JD