Special “Two for One” Malt Advocate subscription offer!

October 29th, 2009

2009-Q3-Cover jpgSince I started this blog over two years ago, I’ve made a lot of new friends. Thousands of you visit every day from across the globe, and I am grateful for this.

I realize that many of you have never had the opportunity to read a copy of Malt Advocate magazine, which I founded nearly 18 years ago. Or, perhaps, you read a copy many years ago, when the magazine was still evolving.

If you like WDJK, then you’ll love Malt Advocate magazine. I might be a little biased here, but I think Malt Advocate is the finest whisky magazine on the market. We have the best writers in the business, covering all of the world’s finest whiskies.

Maybe some of you who are already subscribers can add your thoughts about the magazine below in the comment section.

You can also peruse a digital version of our most recent issue here, which we posted up on our website.

For those of you who aren’t subscribing yet, I am going to offer you this very special deal. If you subscribe for one year, I’m going to throw in a second year–free! This offer is for any new subscriber, regardless of where you live. I’m doing this because I am confident that, after reading Malt Advocate for two years, you’ll renew your subscription. For those of you who are already subscribers (and thank you for that, by the way), you can still take advantage of this offer by telling your friends about it or by buying them a gift subscription.

I’ll keep this offer open until December 31, 2009. Here are links to the subscription pages with the special “two for one” deal.

U.S. Residents ($18)
Canadian Residents ($24)
All other countries ($40)

I hope this offer provides enough incentive for you to begin enjoying Malt Advocate for years to come. And if you have any questions, please post them up and I’ll try to answer them.

32 Responses to “Special “Two for One” Malt Advocate subscription offer!”

1. Gary says:

I would agree. It is a well written magazine and I eagerly anticipate it’s arrival. I read it cover to cover and save all the old issues. If you like whiskey and want to learn more about distilleries, whiskey, recipes and the people who make these whiskeys I would highly recommend as subscription. It is well worth the money.

2. BourbonBreath says:

I took advantage of your offer John. Thanks!

3. David says:

Couldn’t refure this offer.

4. lawschooldrunk says:

John, I don’t subscribe. Instead, I purchase every issue at the newsstand. I’d subscribe but my address changes every year, and to send it to my permanent residence will mean I won’t get to read it right away.

5. Andrew Miller says:

If you are reading this comment and aren’t a suscriber (or regularly pick up a copy on the newstand) you are missing a lot of great information and insight into the world of Whiskey! I’m relatively new to the whiskey world and in particular bourbon, but I have learned so much by reading Malt Advocate cover to cover….in fact I went back and bought older issues to read (which I suggest you take advantage of, especially if the cover looks interesting!) John – Keep up the good work and hopefully soon you’ll be a monthly publication ;)

6. Neil Fusillo says:

Is there an order confirmation one could give as a gift? I was thinking about ordering a 2 year subscription for a friend for Xmas, but of course, it’s nice to have something to actually hand the person on Xmas day.

7. Bruichladdict says:

John,

I mentioned earlier that I let my “other” magazine subscription lapse…However, because you love to start an argu…I mean discussion – that is what journalism is for – I was planning to subscribe to MA.

Man am I glad I waited! I’m pushing all in for two years. Looking forward to some nice reading.

8. I couldn’t refuse your offer either John thanks! I do really enjoy your blog and look very forward to being a subscriber now too. The few opportunities I did get to read your magazine I did enjoy it, and I still have the copy I bought some time back.
    Thanks again and since it’s an early Christmas gift to myself, Merry Christmas to you too!

9. John M says:

I’m in too! With the dollar at what it is too…

10. Brian Bradley says:

I am sold… You Sir, Have a deal

For those of you who are signing up, welcome to the Malt Advocate family!

That’s really the way we view it here. We are not a big publishing company with several magazine titles trying to capitalize on some hot trend. We are a family-run business with a passion for whisky. Malt Advocate is our only magazine.

Neil, if you email us a request to send a gift notification, we’ll send one out. (We’ll do that for anyone who request it.) Send an email to: subscriptions@maltadvocate.com with your request. Thanks!

12. JC Skinner says:

An offer no whiskey lover could refuse.
    Great initiative, John.

13. Abinash says:

Well, I tried but could not subscribe. The offer was very appealing, though. If you want to have me a subscriber, just contact my e-mail.

Abinash, I’ll have someone contact you.

Is anyone else having problems?

15. Steffen Bräuner says:

Which american state do I fill in when I live in Denmark ?

(It’s a country in northern Europe)

The form won’t accept until I select a state

(I don’t have to enter a country for some reason)

Macdeffe

Steffen (and all other international subscribers), next to the “state” field is a pull down menu. If you scroll down to the very bottom of that list, there’s an option “INTL”, which would be the correct one to select. You should then fill in the country field. That should solve the problem. (Sorry for the confusion.)

17. Steve says:

John,

Thanks for the 2-for-1 offer. This saves me a trip to the local big box bookstore.

Steve

18. Steffen Bräuner says:

Thanks

macdeffe

19. JC Skinner says:

It seems like this offer has found favour with a large proportion of the Irish Whiskey Society, John:
    I hope this means you may give Irish whiskey a little more prominence in future issues!

Thanks JC. We’re commited to running at least one Irish feature in each issue. And hopefully we will do more.

21. JC Skinner says:

I appreciate with only 3 distillers, it hasn’t been easy in the past to generate news items about Irish whiskey.
    But with so many exciting new independent bottlings from the likes of Tullamore Dew, Knappogue, Hot Irishman, Brogans, Wild Geese, etc and with Kilbeggan’s first whiskey in 50 or more years soon to hit the shelves, and Dingle in development, there will hopefully be plenty to keep you and your readers interested.

22. EMalt says:

Hi John,

Great Offer! I was a regular reader of your Blog, soon a regular reader of the mag as well ;).

Kind Regards
    EMalt

23. [...] not subscribing (which I don’t understand, since I offered my “two for one” deal here recently), I have included my column [...]

24. [...] blogged about it here about a month ago.  Since many of you are new to this blog over the past month, I wanted to repeat [...]

25. Aaron says:

I’m leary of giving my Credit Card info on non-secured sites and it appears the link you provide is not secured. Is this the case? If so, is there a number I can call my subscription info into?

Thanks!
    Aaron

Aaron, it is secure. Someone from my office will be contact you via email.

27. Aaron says:

No worries John – subscription has been submitted! Really looking forward to the magazine!

Aaron

28. [...] Malt Advocate (magazine subscription) – I got my money’s worth out of this subscription just with the one article on sherry and oak interaction in whisky barrels in the Winter 2009 issue. The link I provided is to a blog post on the current offer to get 2 years for the price of 1 for new subscribers (good through December). $18. [...]

29. [...] Malt Advocate, especially since I am offering a “two years for the price of one” deal here until the end of the year. But what else can you recommend?   « Review: Deerstalker [...]

30. Luke says:

Just subscribed tonight – thank you for the extra year John!

31. Laurie says:

HI, i would like to take subscribe for the 2 year for $18 deal but there is no link next to the section that states “here are the links”.
    Can help me?
    Also, this will be a christmas gift. Where is your magazine sold? i would like to get a copy of the current issue to wrap up for the gift…… ii’m in new orleans, have a borders, barnes & noble nearby…..
    Thanks,