Welcome Wall Street Journal readers!

November 20th, 2009

For those of you who found your way to my blog from my “The New Era in Whiskey” piece in today’s (Friday’s) Wall Street Journal, let me extend a warm welcome to you!

We are all friends here with one thing in common: a passion for whisky (and whiskey). I hope you find my blog informative and entertaining.

I would also like to invite you to get involved in our lively discussions here. There are no wrong answers.

Check back daily, because I usually post at least once daily. Better yet, put me on your RSS feed (if you are familiar with that).

And for my WDJK friends who haven’t seen my piece in today’s Wall Street Journal, try to find a copy on your local newsstand. In addition to my pieces (Whisky 101, Appreciating Whisky, and Whisky Trends), there’s also a great whisky cocktail article by master mixologist Gary Regan.

10 Responses to “Welcome Wall Street Journal readers!”

1. bgulien says:

Can’t you do a reprint of the article on this site, for all the WDJK readers not able to get a WSJ?

I can send a PDF to anyone who wants a copy and can’t get a copy. Just PM me: john@maltadvocate.com.

3. Di Blasi says:

Hi John! Thanks for the reminder! I’ll ask my dad to get a copy and send it over, he’s always very good at sending me info and articles and such he knows is of interest to me so maybe he’s read it himself and is sending it already!

4. Hi John, I’ll take a pdf on that as well, thanks.

5. John Stewart says:

John,

Great article!

Can you tell me the brand of glass on the front page of your WSJ article? It’s beautiful! Thanks!

Robin, it’s on its way.

John, the WSJ did the artwork and I think they just used some stock photos they have. If I can find out something, I’ll post it up here.

7. Scott says:

John,

A pdf would also be welcome here! Thanks for all of your information you provide for us, as a retailer it really helps me to inform my customers!

~Scott

8. Jim says:

I enjoyed the article. I’ll take a PDF if possible.

Thanks

9. Kip says:

Is a PDF possible of your brilliant “The New Era of Whiskey” article that appeared in WSJ Nov 20, 2009?

I really appreciate your writing style: clear, informed and informative. Kudos.

I think everyone who wanted a copy of the PDF got one. If you didn’t shoot me a private email and I’ll take care of it. (And thanks for the kind words all.)