Highlights of the new blog design
I thought I would take a moment and go over some of the enhancements of the new blog design. Many of these enhancements were at your request. Thank you for your input.
(And by now, nearly all of the glitches have been ironed out. If you find one, let me know.)
Here are some of the enhancements:
- You can now comment directly to someone else’s comment (and directly under their comment).
- When you comment, you can also be notified, via email, of any additional comments to that post, by ticking the query box when you comment.
- The text area is wider, so you don’t have to scroll down as far to read the same amount.
- There’s now a direct link to my Buyer’s Guide whisky review archives at the top, along with other useful Malt Advocate and WhiskyFest links.
- All the references on the right column are hidden (“Recent Tweets”, for example). Just click on them to expand them.
- You can now subscribe to my posts via an email feed, rather than an RSS feed.
- Another nice feature is the “recent comments” option on the right column. Click on it and you’ll see the most recent 15 comments that were posted, which will help you to get caught up with “who’s been saying what”.
- The site is visually more appealing.
- And one thing that you might not care about, but we do: the site now supports banner advertising.
One thing we couldn’t fix: WordPress doesn’t allow you to edit a comment after you post it. If I see a typo, I’ll go in and correct it for you. Or, you can bring it to my attention and ask me to edit it for you.
There are other enhancements you will notice as you navigate through the site, but I wanted to bring these main ones to your attention.