WhiskyFest Chicago nearly sold out!

March 15th, 2010

The 10th Annual WhiskyFest Chicago will be on Friday, April 23rd. You can find all of the details here, including the list of whiskies being poured and a listing of the seminars for the evening.

I’m posting this up to let you know that, if you were thinking about buying tickets, don’t wait too long. VIP tickets sold out a few weeks ago and there aren’t too many General Admission tickets left.

How many of you already bought tickets? If you are coming, be sure to track me down and say “Hi”.

12 Responses to “WhiskyFest Chicago nearly sold out!”

1. Great news, John…wish I could join you guys this year!

2. Tanguy says:

Will be there, can’t wait for the event!

3. Mike Dereszynski says:

Hi John,
    Tickets are in a safe place,waiting for that week in April.
    And,what a week for Whisky it is,just look at any events calendar.SMWS in London,Malt Advocate in Chicago, Spirit of Toronto,Kentucky Bourbon Fest Sampler in Bardstown,Limburg Whisky Fair,take a quick breath and then its the Speyside Festival,with the Islay Fest of Malt & Music on the horizon !
    Who says whisky is becoming unatainable?
    Although,I am saddened by what I saw on your sight for whiskies available at the Chicago fest. Unless its an error. NO BRUCHLADDICH ?!!!
    I noticed Jim McEwan’s schedule with events on the 22 and 24 in Toronto and put 2n2 together. Jim is a master in the Whisky World and to me , the hardest working man in (Whisky) show business ,a top “entertainer” .
    Not that we won”t be entertained and educated by the other scheduled dignitaries.
    By the way ,I enjoyed Lew Bryson”s “A Round With Jim McEwan” in the latest Malt Advocate.
    Any chance you have some of Jim’s “Dream” leftover from last years fests?
    If not I may have to break open the prize of my visit to Bruichladdich last July,a valinch known as :
    “Dodgers & Shammerstein’s The SOUND of Snouts in the Trough”. The lyics are even better !
    When it comes to the World of Whisky, I find myself living and breathing exclamation marks !!!!!
    Heres to the new season,see you in Chicago.
    Slainte
    Mike Dereszynski

Mike, it is indeed a busy week. And we will miss both Jim and Bruichladdich at WhiskyFest Chicago. They WILL, however, be at WhiskyFest New York.

4. Steve says:

I have been anxiously awaiting this event for a while now. John, is the current pour list a fairly finalized version or do you anticipate additional entries?

5. brian bradley (brian47126) says:

I am flying in from Key West for this event–I am very excited.

I will be braving the elements of your Arctic climes for my love of whiskey.

6. Can’t wait. Just got confirmation that I will be attending. Went to NYC WhiskyFest 2008 & it’s been too long! Got Ed Kohl doing a Signatory Seminar tonight to warm up for the big event!

7. brian bradley (brian47126) says:

You Rock! The only sad part for me is that the VIP tickets were sold out when I got around to buying my tickets. Perhaps there will be some cancellations and I can upgrade at the door.

John, if you ever visit this island, I am sure I could find you a good tour guide. ^_^

8. Mike A says:

I bought my WhiskyFest ticket back in January. A friend and I will be driving out from Michigan. I’m looking forward to a great weekend of whisky, with plans also to attend the Ardbeg 10th Anniversary Committee celebration the day after. Of course, no trip to Chicago is complete without a stop at Binny’s to pick up some bottles I can’t get here in Michigan.