WhiskyFest Chicago Eve Rendezvous

April 8th, 2010

Are you going to WhiskyFest Chicago  on April 23rd? Will you be in Chicago the night before WhiskyFest? Let’s meet up for a drink!

The official WhiskyFest After-Party is at Delilah’s, so I don’t want to duplicate that (but you should go to that too!). Plus, assuming that many of you are staying at the Hyatt, where WhiskyFest is being held, I was thinking of a place that’s within walking distance to the hotel.

While I love whisky, I also love beer, so let’s meet up at the Clark Street Ale House. They have a great draft beer list, and they also have some great whiskies on the back bar.

Here’s the deal. My daughter Shannon is coming to WhiskyFest and I’m flying into Chicago with her after her classes are over. Because of this. I won’t be getting into Chicago until 7:30 pm (assuming my flight is on time). Allowing time for flight delays, cabbing it to my hotel, and then getting down to Clark Street, I’m thinking about meeting there around 9:30 pm and sticking around for a couple. By that time, I WILL be thirsty for a pint!

I’m always very busy at WhiskyFest, so this will be a nice opportunity to hook up with anyone who wants to join me for a drink under a more relaxed environment. If you think you can make it, let me know.

17 Responses to “WhiskyFest Chicago Eve Rendezvous”

1. Tanguy says:

First going to the Binny party until 8pm and then will meet with at the Clark Street Ale House
    Hopefully will see you there if walking straight

2. Mark says:

Sounds like a great follow-up to World of Whiskies, and I look forward to being there.

3. Steve says:

I would be interested in a few drinks on Whiskyfest Eve. Will see you there, John.

4. JD says:

Great idea, John. I’ve seen you at WhiskyFest a number of times but you’ve always been too busy for me to introduce myself (which is understandable enough). I’ll try and make it over to the ale house Thursday night.

5. B.;J. Reed says:

The Omaha Dell group is going to Binney’s on Thursday and then most will head to Clark Street -It has been a tradition now for four or five years – Hope Brian is ready for the influx now that you have made your plans clear :)

Also its not Delilah’s but wouldn’t call it relaxed :)

6. Looking forward to a pint at Clark Street – perhaps with some pizza?

7. Sounds like fun Will try to make it. Coming to Chicago from out of town myself.

– Geoff

8. Hey Bill, are you bringing the butter crust pizza? I am soooo there if you are!

9. Tanguy says:

Is Ale House on Clark street at a walking distance from the Hyatt?

10. Tanguy says:

That was fast. Thank you and we shall see you there.

11. Matt says:

Enjoying a pint at Clark street now. Looking forward to meeting some enthusiasts.