Not just WhiskyFest Chicago, Whisky Week Chicago!

April 21st, 2010

If you’re coming to our sold-out WhiskyFest Chicago this Friday, or if you live in the Chicago area, there’s a lot more going on than just WhiskyFest. There’s a whole week of cool whisky events that have built up around WhiskyFest.

Of particular note is the Ardbeg 10th Anniversary event, the day after WhiskyFest. Sadly, I have to fly back home Saturday for some personal business, but you can still go. You’ll find more info, along with sign-up information, here.

Hopefully, I’ll see you in Chicago.

8 Responses to “Not just WhiskyFest Chicago, Whisky Week Chicago!”

1. B.J. Reed says:

Already signed up for the Ardbeg event – Just hope Davinia and Mickey can make it through the ash but things are looking up in that regard!

2. brian bradley (brian47126) says:

I am really excited for the Ardbeg event, and seeing my first WhiskeyFest. With some luck I will say hello to you John, providing your not too swamped with people.

3. acme says:

I would love to go to that Ardbeg event but I will be in Munster, Indiana indulging my other hobby: beer.

Btw, was anyone at Murphy’s Irish Bistro on Tuesday? A fun time with some surprisingly good whisky.

4. Pat Baldwin says:

Somewhat disapointed that the advertised 30 year old Laphroiag was only a 25 year old and that Balvenie only had a single bottle of the 1978 vintage. I have come to expect better than that. The advertised whiskies should be there in sufficient quantities to get through the vip hour. That is why we pay the premium for the vip hour. Other than that it was fantastic.

Hi Pat. I think that the Laphroaig was a typo. As you may know, the newest release is a 25 year old and the 30 was discontinued a couple years ago. Still, it was very special that they were pouring it.

We can’t control how much whisky the companies bring, but will pass on the comment about the Balvenie.

Did you like the rest of the show?

5. Pat Baldwin says:

I love Whisky Fest! It is a great experience with a lot of great whisky and wonderful people.