Rare whiskies pouring at WhiskyFest New York this Saturday

October 23rd, 2012

At this Saturday’s WhiskyFest New York seminar program, you get to taste these whiskies. (1/2 ounce pours!)

• Glenmorangie 1963 Vintage
  • The Glenlivet Cellar Collection (1983 Vintage)
  • Gold Bowmore
  • Balvenie Islay Cask 17 year old
  • Brora 30 year old

And that’s just the first seminar! There will be many more great whiskies, many of them debuting at this event, along with legendary Master Distillers,  Master Blenders, and the Whisky Advocate writers.

If you’re in the New York area and have Saturday free, a few tickets still remain.  You can purchase just the seminar program, or combine it with one (or both) of the grand tastings in the evening. Follow the link to find out more.

No Responses to “Rare whiskies pouring at WhiskyFest New York this Saturday”

1. Judd says:

As if I weren’t excited enough…

2. Hi John,

As fas as i see there’s still tickets available for the seminars but it is not possible to buy only a specific seminar ?
    We need to buy the full day with lunch ?

I would suggest if places still available, why dont you offer cutomers to buy seminal on a single basis ?
    Anyway, better to have a couple seminals full instead of a half day seminars ?

3. Can we get these seminars at the SF WhiskyFest next year, John? I’m still upset I missed out on the Bowmore/oyster tasting here — 63rd in line for 60 seats.

4. B.J. Reed says:

Have fun everyone!

5. OudErnest says:

I’d like to see an updated list for the evening sessions. It appears it hasn’t been updated in a while and I like to do research on the train on my way to the fest.

6. Bob Siddoway says:

Man, I wish I was attending…

Perhaps next year.

7. Judd says:

It was a fantastic weekend! Thanks for a great time!! :)

8. Judd says:

FYI – Gold Bowmore was a SHOWSTOPPER! Best whisky I have ever had. Too bad it’s $6000+ a bottle LOL! But what a wonderful opportunity to try so many WOW drams. Still can’t stop smilingafter all the fun I had this weekend… On a serious note, we weathered the storm here. I hope all my friends affected by the storm are OK. Wishing you all the best and sending all good things your way.

9. Edward Willey says:

A friend tells the story of having pulled out his Glenmorangie ’63 from storage, placing it temporarily on his bar, and then forgetting about it. Some friends came over to this house for a get together while he had popped out and, knowing his house roles, believed that they could drink anything they wanted as long as it was on the bar. Said friend arrived at his home after the friends began pouring drams and was roundly complemented on the particularly fine tipple, to which he asked, “What?” It turned out to be the 1963 Glenmo.

Oops. The moral of the story, I suppose, is that one must be prepared for one’s friends to be thirsty. Very thirsty.