A Walk in the Weeds [Cocktail Recipe]
August 2, 2021 –––––– Whisky Advocate
This cocktail was created by Matthew Biancaniello, owner of Eat Your Drink. “This refreshing drink has strong herbal notes and a wonderful sweet and sour finish,” Biancaniello says.
- 2 oz. stinging nettle-infused bourbon (recipe below)
- ¾ oz. fresh lime juice
- ¾ oz. agave syrup (1:1 agave nectar to water)
- 1 oz. fresh blood orange or pomegranate juice
- Blood orange slice and edible flower for garnish
Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake until chilled. Double strain into a coupe glass and garnish with blood orange slice and edible flower.
Stinging Nettle-Infused Bourbon
- Fresh stinging nettle stems and leaves
- 750 ml Blue Run straight bourbon (or other high-proof straight bourbon)
Fill a one-liter glass jar three-quarters full with stinging nettle leaves and stems. Pour enough bourbon to fill the jar and cover. Let it sit for 7 to 10 days. Strain and refrigerate up to 6 weeks.
FROM THE SPRING 2021 ISSUE.