- 1½ oz. Balcones Pot Still bourbon (or other four grain or high-rye bourbon)
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ¾ oz. jalapeño-passion fruit syrup (recipe below)
- ¼ oz. Ancho Reyes Verde poblano liqueur
- 1-2 oz. Fever Tree ginger beer (or other
- Fresno chile pepper and lemon wheel for garnish
Add bourbon, lemon juice, syrup, and Ancho Reyes to a shaker with ice. Shake until chilled. Strain over fresh ice cubes in a double Old Fashioned glass. Top with ginger beer. To garnish, cut three slices of pepper and use toothpicks to place on the lemon wheel. Place wheel and remaining pepper on the rim of the glass.
Jalapeño-Passion Fruit Syrup
- 9 oz. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dehydrated or fresh jalapeño
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 oz. passion fruit puree
Bring water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add jalapeños. Steep for seven minutes or until desired spice level is achieved. Strain 8 oz. of the jalapeño water into another container and add sugar. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Add passion fruit puree and stir until combined. Keep refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 12 days.