Sparkling Cherry Julep [Cocktail Recipe]
May 2, 2017 –––––– Whisky Advocate
Add some bubbly pop to your Julep with this variation from LouVino in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 1¼ oz. Old Forester bourbon
- ½ oz. Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar
- 1 oz. Primaterra prosecco
- 6 sprigs of mint, plus more for garnish
In a cocktail tin, muddle sugar with 6 mint sprigs. Add ice, bourbon, and liqueur and stir gentley. Strain into a chilled Old Fashioned glass with an ice ball or crushed ice, and top with Prosecco. Garnish with remaining mint.