The Fall of Whiskey [Cocktail Recipe]
September 28, 2022 –––––– Whisky Advocate
Created by Anthony Baker, a freelance cocktail professor, this refreshing drink hints of cooler weather ahead. The fresh pear and apple cider cool the heat of the rye whiskey with wonderful spice notes from the bitters.
- 1½ oz. Town Branch rye (or other rye whiskey)
- ¼ D’Anjou pear, plus 1 slice for garnish
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 4 dashes Hella Cocktail Co. Apple Blossom bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 oz. dry hard cider
- Rosemary sprig and cinnamon stick for garnish
Muddle pear in a shaker. Add simple syrup, lemon juice, bitters, whiskey, and ice. Shake for 10 seconds. Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice and top with apple cider. Garnish with rosemary sprig, cinnamon stick, and slice of pear.
FROM THE FALL 2021 ISSUE.