Whiskey-Gria [Cocktail Recipe]
June 2, 2016 –––––– Whisky Advocate
Break out the fruit bowl for this make-ahead batchedwhiskey cocktail, created by Louis Hirsch of Morels French Steakhouse & Bistro in Las Vegas. This recipe makes 12 servings.
- 12 peaches, halved and grilled
- 12 green apples, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 4 oranges, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced into 12 wedges
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 5 oz. El Presidente brandy
- 8 oz. Knob Creek bourbon or Templeton rye
- 4 oz. peach schnapps
- 8 oz. simple syrup
- 6 oz. lime juice
- 6 oz. lemon juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 lb. (about 150) green grapes
- 4 liters Sprite
- Oranges and lemons (optional)
After grilling, while still warm, dust peaches with brown sugar. Freeze grapes and put aside. Combine remaining ingredients, except grapes and Sprite, and separate into 12 plastic quart containers. Allow to sit 24 hours.
To serve, fill a 64-ounce pitcher about ¾ full with ice. Add 1 quart of the fruit and spirit mixture. Top with 12-15 frozen grapes and stir gently. Top off with Sprite. Serve in rocks glasses. Garnish with oranges and lemons (optional).
FROM THE SUMMER 2016 ISSUE.