- 3-5 mulberries (blackberries or raspberries can be substituted)
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 2 oz. Laphroaig 10 year old (or other smoky Islay scotch)
- 1 oz. maple thyme simple syrup (recipe below)
- 5 dashes Regans’ No. 6 Orange bitters
- Fresh mulberry and thyme sprig for garnish
Add mulberries and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker and muddle fruit until broken down. Add remaining ingredients along with ice and shake vigorously for approximately 10 seconds. Double strain with a hawthorne strainer and a fine-mesh strainer into a coupe. Garnish with mulberries and fresh thyme.
Maple Thyme Simple Syrup
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 10-12 sprigs thyme
Combine all ingredients in a pot over low heat until simmering. Turn off the heat and let sit for 30 to 40 minutes until cool. Strain into a sealable container. Keep refrigerated for up to one week.